I am definitely not up to date with all the beauty trends and that involved in enhancing external appearances. However, I do work with a beautiful woman who is well known in the anti-ageing industry with a passion for internal and external healthy ageing and how to look better from eating well.
This has given me a lot more insight into the benefits of nourishing the body internally to enhance external appearance.
Understanding nutrition’s role
One thing that is important to understand with nutrition, is the body will allocate nutrients to the organs most essential for life. This includes organs such as the heart, lungs, brain and digestive system. These take precedence over skin, hair, nails, and rightly so as there is no point having beautiful hair if you can hardly function 😂.
The body requires a number of essential nutrients each and every day. If we provide adequate nutrients frequently, there are sufficient amounts to allocate to non life sustaining parts of the body. With a depleted diet however, these tend to suffer.
Are you nutrient depleted?
This is where we can often notice nutrient deficiency. Many people can be unaware of depletion until they improve their nutrition. I have personally noticed many changes in my body, internally and externally, when I improved my diet. These included improved muscle mass, enhanced cognition, more energy, less stress internally. Externally I noticed increased growth in hair, lashes and nails along with better skin.
So, if you want to not only feel good and improve health, but also enhance your external looks and appearance, it may be worth having a close look at your diet.
My top tips to ensure adequate nutrition to look better from eating well include:
- Eat quality protein daily as this is the building blocks of every cell in the body.
- Hydration – drink plenty of water each and everyday. At least 8 glasses and more if you’re exercising or the weather is hot.
- Eat a variety of different coloured fruits and vegetables every day as these provide essential vitamins and minerals.
- Have healthy fats as these assist with transportation of nutrients along with other roles in the body.
- Try to space your nutrient delivery over the day. Rather than having one big nutritious meal, try to ensure each meal and snack contains healthy nutrients for ongoing delivery to cells.
- Type 1 Collagen can be beneficial for maintaining skin elasticity and reducing wrinkles and fine lines. My go to product for convenience can be viewed here.
Personally, to ensure I have all the essential nutrients each and everyday, I choose to supplement my diet to fill any gaps.
You can check out what I choose to use here: https://beckurtz.com/simple-nutrition/