We live in such a fast paced world it is easy for our lives to become unbalanced, particularly in many areas of our health. Aspects such as physical inactivity, poor nutrition choices, stress, lack of sleep, a negative mindset, excessive alcohol consumption, not enough down time and over working can easily cause our lives and health to be in an unbalanced state.
From my own personal experience, I can assure you that when the body reaches a point that is too extreme in any given area, things start to go wrong. Mind you this can also include ‘healthy’ extremes such as excessive exercise and being too focused on food choices that it affects your lifestyle. Anything excessive can become unhealthy and create imbalances in the body.
When the body moves too far away from a balanced lifestyle often illnesses start to appear, which may start off as low immunity and constant colds and flu’s, but over time, if we don’t rectify our health, this can lead into further illnesses, both physically and mentally. In my own personal experience my immunity plummeted, I started to develop extreme fatigue and ended up with depression and anxiety. This was a huge personal lesson to me and one that inspired me to educate others on the importance of a balanced lifestyle, as I pushed myself to the point of burn out due to lack of awareness of how valuable good health is.
So, my top tips for a balanced healthy lifestyle are:
- Get adequate amounts of sleep
- Drink plenty of water
- Move daily, whether it is a walk, swim, stretching or playing with children. Any activity is beneficial
- Eat quality foods most of the time, but enjoy the special occasions when they arise without feeling guilty
- Socialise and have time with friends and family, but have time alone also
- Manage your stress levels either through exercise, nutrition, mindset, meditation or a combination of all of these
- Avoid binge drinking and excessive amounts of alcohol
- Practice gratitude daily
- Seek help of professionals if you feel you are lacking knowledge or need help in a specific area
- Surround yourself with people who bring out the best in you.
It wasn’t until I lost various aspects of my health that I learned to appreciate the true value of health. Believe me when I say good health is truly your greatest asset and not worth compromising.
2 thoughts on “Living A Balanced Lifestyle”