So often I hear comments how people can’t exercise because it is too hot, too cold, too windy, raining, too busy etc etc. So, I thought I would share some of my exercise alternatives, as there are always ways to implement exercise into your day.
Below are my exercise alternative tips and suggestions:
- Any form of exercise is good. Even if it is just 5 minutes that is better than nothing. Going for a short walk, or on a spin bike for a few minutes can have beneficial effects. Even just walking on the spot can be beneficial. Doing 5 or more minutes a few times a day, adds up to quality exercise.
- Do you have stairs? Stair climbing can really elevate the heart rate. Set a time and climb up and down stairs.
- Even just one step can be beneficial. I have done entire classes with just a step. Step up sideways, front, knee repeaters, tricep dips, push ups, squats. There are so many options.
- Pick 3 exercises and do a small circuit for a set amount of time. Only yesterday I gave a client this exact tip. Pick an upper body exercise, lower body exercise and cardio exercise and do them as a circuit for a set period of time. Or write exercises on a bit of paper and put them in a container as a lucky dip.
- Just walk where you can. I have at times done laps round and round the house simply to move and feel better when it was too cold and wet to go outside.
- Do squats or wall push ups every time you go to the bathroom. These add up over the day.
- Do calf raises, balancing exercises or bench push ups while waiting for the kettle to boil or items to cook.
- Go for an evening stroll after dinner on hot days.
As you can see there are numerous ways to implement exercise into your day without having to go outdoors or have much equipment. Any movement is better than none, so just try to avoid being stationary for a longer period of time and finds ways to just simply move through various exercise alternatives.
If you’re wanting more guidance and a program you can de exclusively at home, rain, hail or shine, check out my 6 Week Back To Basics Bootcamp