Tis almost the season to be jolly, and unfortunately usually drink too much, eat too much and often gain those extra kilo’s. However, it doesn’t have to be that way. There are strategies that can be used to Beat The Blow Out.
In saying that however, I am all for ensuring that we have the opportunity to enjoy the season. By implementing a balance in good health, we can still enjoy the season and avoid or reduce the negative side effects. I certainly don’t believe we should feel like we are missing out or deprived during times we would like to enjoy. Maintain healthy habits most of the time and enjoy the special occasions when they occur.
So, my top tips to Beat The Blow Out are:
- Be kind to yourself and set the intention to be kind to your body, mind and soul.
- Stay hydrated
- Allow rest and quality sleep
- Be conscious of snacks
- Move as much as you can when possible
- Plan most of the meals you have control over
- Be aware of calories throughout the day when you have parties to attend
- Choose metabolism boosting foods
- Manage stress levels
- Plan food or be nourished when going shopping
- Remove excess food from your house to avoid eating it.
If you will like a further explanation on the above, you can check out my E-book Beat The Blow Out which expands on the above. You can access a copy here.
Focus on moderation, rest, recovery, nourishing foods and movement. These are key to health and avoiding starting the coming year feeling like the New Year blimp.
If you are needing more structured guidance and support, you may be interested in my 6 week online program. Read more about it here.