With many people in the world, and particularly Australia, being subjected to stay at home orders, it is important to maintain your health at home. This doesn’t mean going into any strict health regime, rather just implementing some strategies to ensure health is maintained or improved upon.
Our health is our most valuable asset, and better health has indicated reduce risk of severity if we were to contract the covid virus. So definitely something to focus on.
So, what can you do to maintain or improve health at home?
- Move regularly. Exercise is so beneficial to aspects of health and well-being. Make sure to move regularly and if possible set times to exercise. I know it can be challenging with winter and cold weather, however options can include a You Tube video, walking around your house or some yoga. You can read more about the health benefits of exercise here.
- Focus on having nutritious and healthy meals most of the time. Being in better health and having quality nutrition can help boost the immune system along with other benefits to overall health and wellness. You can read one of my other blogs on immunity here.
- Try and get outside and in the sun every day if possible. The sun helps the body produce Vitamin D which is so important to various aspects of health and has been demonstrated to assist with the management of covid.
- Drink plenty of water. Maintaining hydration can be difficult especially during winter. Place water in sight or set a timer to remind you to drink regularly. Learn more about hydration in a blog I previously wrote.
- Try to avoid having unhealthy foods in the house if possible. They are an easy go to if you’re bored.
- Minimize alcohol intake and try to have alcohol free days.
- Try to maintain healthy relationships and understand that everyone may be feeling the weight and stress of the current world wide global unrest. I have some stress management tips in a former blog I wrote if you would like to learn more.
- Take some time to breathe, meditate or just quieten your mind. Maintaining a healthy mindset is so key to overall well-being. This is an area of health I am very passionate about, which I explain why in a this blog about the power of the mind.
- Try and get adequate amounts of sleep, especially if you’re working from home or trying to home school or both. Sleep is so important for coping strategies and reduction in stress.
- Avoid trying to change everything at once. There is a lot of stress happening at the moment. Pick one aspect of your life that you would like to work on and focus on that.
Maintaining or or improving health doesn’t have to be a massive overhaul. Simply pick your worst habit and make a conscious effort to improve on it. If you need some ideas or strategies, please reach out to me.
Alternatively you could join my online program and I can personally help and support you to improve your health and wellness. Learn more about it here.