There is no denying health is something high on the agenda at the moment. With the current global pandemic there are many reasons to focus on better health to prevent illness and a number of disease.
Current research has indicated that those with better health have less risk of significant health issues if they were to contract Covid-19. Those with no other pre existing conditions and quality nutrition tend have a better outlook and lower risk in the current situation we are all facing.
However, improved health has many more benefits apart from Covid risk. In fact, based on latest statistics, many other diseases are of potentially greater risk of significant illness or death. These however, can be improved upon by better management of our health and wellbeing.
Statistics indicate that currently there have been over 4 million people who have lost their lives since Covid started in 2019. By comparison, over 17 million people die annually from cardiovascular disease and over 9 million from cancer.
Both cardiovascular disease and cancer have significant risk factors associated to lifestyle. Improved lifestyle can reduce the risk of these illnesses and disease evolving.
Improving health through regular exercise, a healthy diet, avoiding smoking, consuming only moderate amounts of alcohol and not carrying excess weight, all reduce risk of illness and disease. Plus, these activities are also beneficial in potentially preventing the severity of Covid.
So, while everyone is fearing the current pandemic, we do have options that can assist in reducing our risk. Plus, also help with avoiding the development of potentially more life threatening illness and disease.
So, my top tips to improve overall wellness include:
- Try to accumulate 30 minutes of exercise most days of the week.
- Get adequate sleep. Research suggests around 8 hours per night.
- Have a variety of different coloured vegetables and fruits daily to ensure quality nutrients.
- Manage stress levels and try to avoid situations that heighten stress.
- Drink plenty of water each day. As a guide, 8 glasses is the general recommendation.
- Take time to do activities you enjoy.
- Consume protein, healthy fats and quality carbohydrates on a daily basis.
- Enjoy a balance in social situations between interaction and down time.
- Make sure you have a healthy environment to work and live in.
- Avoid smoking and excessive alcohol consumption.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
Being healthy doesn’t have to be all work and no play. It is just finding a balance that not only creates an enjoyable lifestyle, but can also have other health benefits. So why not focus on better health and possibly prevent illness and other potential diseases.
If you’re wanting to improve your overall health and lifestyle, my online program may be just what you need. You can learn more at https://beckurtz.com/back-to-basics-bootcamp/