Exercise for healthy ageing, another great reason to exercise regularly!
Many people exercise for weight loss, or performance or for stress relief, but how about also exercising for your future?
There are so many benefits of exercise due to the impact it has on the body and mind such as reducing risk of many illnesses and disease, improved mobility, increased energy and ability to perform every day activities with ease.
Regular exercise has the ability to not only assist with the prevention of disease but can have an impact on how well we age and how youthful we are in our later years.
Below are some important aspects of exercise to incorporate to ensure you create your best future:
1. Try to exercise most days of the week. Aim for 30 to 60 minutes of moderate intensity exercise most days.
2. Include strength training. Maintaining muscle mass is essential for good health as it assists with metabolism, helps with ability to perform everyday activities and helps maintain bone density.
3. Focus on flexibility and stretching. Regularly stretching assists to maintain movement throughout joints and reduce risk of injury due to tight muscles.
4. Work on balance. A significant amount of hospital admissions for the older population is due to falls. Focusing on balance regularly is essential as it assist with the prevention of falls and breaks.
5. Variety is the spice of life. Incorporate various types of activities into your lifestyle. Do yoga one day, swimming the next, take a class, walk with friends, play a social game of tennis. Find activities you enjoy.
Exercise doesn’t have to be boring, but it can help ensure your future is anything but boring.